Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Life’s Not Short
We have all heard the phrase, “Life is short.” This perspective of life is shared by so many people who make the claim that you should do all you can do, accomplish all you can, and achieve as much as possible, because “Life is short.”

It is evident by their words and actions that life is no more than a glass half empty. Viewing life as already half-way gone leaves many to make rash decisions that often times do not bring long-term benefits. Life, in this regard, can become extremely stressful as you feel like you are running out of time.

However, the Bible declares in Psalms 91:16, “With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation.” This is a tremendous proclamation that rejects the notion that life is short. Many Christians do not even know that the Bible has already declared their lives “long.” This perspective will impact your words and your actions as you go through life. It gives you the power over situations and circumstances in your life when you do not feel pressured to make hasty decisions.

You have your life before you. The glass is half-full! Jesus declared in John 10:10, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” The word “abundantly” also means “full.” Jesus declared that you can have a full-life in Him; one of His main reasons for coming to earth.

It is this full-life that I prophetically speak into your life today. You are about to the live the best part of your life now, and that life is becoming more and more “full.” To every area in your life that is empty, and seems like life is drifting away, like sands in an hour glass…I declare with you now, God’s awesome Word that He will satisfy you with long life, a full-life in Jesus Name!

How does this prophetic understanding impact your life? Post your comment on my blog.

Blog written by Elder Jerome Taylor, Sr.
Executive Pastor of Ever Living Hope Church &
District Elder of Healthy Choice Ministries NJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that my life is going to be long instead of short. I was always told as a child that if I obey my parents I will live a long life. All along it was true! I thank God that i can live a long life cause the longer I live the longer God can use me to help others. Thank you Ever Living Hope for showing me this! these blogs show me things i never knew before. I WILL LIVE A LONG LIFE!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am now a believer of this statement. Before becoming a part of Ever Living Hope I had no understanding of what it meant to live a "full" life. It was through the knowledge of ELH that has helped me expand my way of thinking to believe and pursue my dreams to live the full, long life initially planned for me!

Anonymous said...

Don't take it as a statement but as a way of life. With that said, your prayer will be to open your eyes to ever opportunity, advancement, and the best lifestyle. The world will call it a better decision but we call it a "Healthy Choice". So allow God through your leaders to help you live a prosperous and promising kingdom lifestyle.